News and Events
Here is the latest news and event listings. Be sure to check back regularly to keep up to date on the fun!
2010 AATH conference!Posted on April 25, 2010 by Chris
I just got back from the 23rd annual Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor (AATH) conference and what an amazing time is was. There was a lot of learning, connecting, and of course laughing. I would highly recommend it to anyone who uses or would like to learn how to use humour and laughter in their lives (professional and personal.) From their website:
The AATH is an international community of professionals who incorporate humor into their daily lives. AATH is the leader in providing evidence-based information about current research and practical applications of humor.
Some choice quotes I heard:
- I am a recovering serious person
- Grin and share it
- Laugh till there’s tears running down your legs
- Don’t worry about a thing, do the best you can
- Laugh till it helps
- Laugh just before you take a test, you will do better
- Make the growth choice over the fear choice as often as possible
- Seize every opportunity for sharing kindness and joy
- Daily laughter (as little as 10 min) has significant and lasting benefits
Here is the video I made:
Contact me if you’d like to hear more about the conference and what I experienced there.